Getting IT right
ICT is a special area of expertise for all of our team. We have vast experience in the review, preparation, negotiation and management of business critical ICT contracts. We understand the technology and frequently work closely with CIOs, CFOs, in-house lawyers and IT personnel.
Our people have extensive experience in ICT. For example the leading legal directory, Chambers and Partners, in 2012 noted "Michael Wigley is an IT and telecoms expert... Peers describe him as 'a genuine industry expert'."
We've advised listed companies and large local government organisations, including on major software implementations involving multinational vendors such as SAP and Infor. We can offer value at any stage of the deal, from procurement to contract signing, and beyond.
This means we are able to provide you with a strategic and lateral-solutions approach as well as dealing with the legal and contractual detail, to give you a more complete solution - whether you're dealing with the public or private sector.
Examples of work
- A lead role in the development and negotiation of a comprehensive MSA for the current expansion and support of a major mobile network in New Zealand.
- Central role in designing and negotiating the main contract for the implementation of a high capacity fibre network in New Zealand.
- Played a lead role in designing, developing and negotiating the commercial and legal aspects of a complex system integration and business transformation project for a major broadcaster.
- Lead legal advisers in design and negotiation of managed service arrangements for a NZ based utility, including to cater for both physical and virtual environments.
- Assisted with the launch of a major mobile network by drafting and negotiating agreements for a number of business critical core system implementations.
- Key adviser and negotiation roles on a variety of ERP system implementations (including in relation to asset management, finance and local government).
- Advised on the renegotiation and consolidation of various ERP license and support arrangements for a local authority.
- Lead adviser for a supplier in negotiations with a large government department for the provision of an online software solution for geospatial data.
- Advised a large city council in its negotiations and contractual drafting for enterprise mobile services.
- Key advisers in the implementation of unified communications for a national organisation.
- Supported in the review and preparation of a comprehensive MSA for the current expansion and support of a major mobile network in New Zealand.